- This event has passed.
Post-fire Run-off Water Quality Monitoring Webinar
November 4, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm$25.00 – $50.00
Water Quality Monitoring of Post Fire Areas
Studies Conducted: on 2 fires; Holy 2018 Lake Elsinore Riverside and Orange Co. and the Tenaja Fire 2019 outside of S. Riverside Co.
Abstract: View it here.
How does post-fire runoff affect contaminant flux?
• Contaminant flux presentation will compare the relative mass contributions of contaminants from the burned catchments vs. the unburned natural areas.
• Understanding the effects of wildfires on contaminant flux provides information that can inform management actions, including strategies used to comply with water quality regulations.
Recommendations for Post-fire Monitoring Studies
• Study Design and Monitoring Logistics
• Safety Considerations
1. Rebekah Guill: Senior Flood Control Planner, Riverside County Flood Control and Water Conservation District/Watershed Protection, email@example.com
2. Garth Engelhorn, CPSWQ, QISP/Tor: Senior Project Manager, Water Resources | NV5, firstname.lastname@example.org
Practitioners interested in effective and economical methods of erosion and sediment control leading to improved water and air quality; environmental restoration; and land stewardship.
Public Works Directors