- This event has passed.
MASTER CLASS in Erosion and Sediment Control: Post-Fire Remediation and Field Demonstrations
February 2, 2022 - February 3, 2022$350
In the afternoon of the second day, field demonstrations on the application and installations of erosion and sediment control BMPs will be demonstrated at the Orange County Great Park site.
LUNCH provided both days!
Register HERE! Small class size of 35 – only a few spots left!
Covid Policy – face coverings are required inside all City of Irvine facilities, regardless of vaccination status. In addition to MERV 13 HVAC air filters, the Quail Hill Community Center has a Global Plasma Solutions (GPS) ionization air treatment system that was recently installed to minimize the spread of coronavirus. Masks are available and hand sanitizing stations are installed throughout the building. The 2nd day is outdoors.
What You Will Learn:
- Updates to the California General Construction and Industrial Stormwater Permits
- How to use the RUSLE on your project
- The importance soil sampling and analysis in vegetation establishment
- BMPs and their function in construction
- A ten-step planning process for stormwater management
- Certification programs, qualifications and how to apply
- How erosion and sedimentation is accelerated by wildfire
- Post-fire hazards and potential impacts to human health and safety, private property, and public infrastructure
- The adaptability of standard best management practices of remediation of post-fire issues
EARN: 16.0 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- Principal Instructor: Mike Harding, CPESC -Edinburgh, IN
- Regulatory & Post-Fire Assessment: Kathleen Harrison, Geosyntec Consultants-Geosyntec Consultants, San Diego, CA
- Soil 101 & Certification Programs: Mike Harding, CPESC – -Edinburgh, IN
- RUSLE & Flooding and Debris Flows After Fires: Andrew Earles, Ph.D., P.E., P.H., D.WRE, CPESC- Wright Water Engineers, Denver, CO