- This event has passed.
Dust Control for Arid Climates Workshop
February 1, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
WED, February 1, 2017 – note date changed from published newsletter
ADOT Human Resource Center
1130 N 22nd Ave.
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Speakers Pablo A. Garcia-Chevesich Ph. D., Professor Al Brown, Lou Snow, Chris Marr and Dennis Delamore (new addition) will speak about dust control alternatives. See speakers bios here!
A panel discussion of professionals will focus on Maricopa County dust control measures (strictest in the state). Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Draft Speaker Topics: Credit 7 PDHs
- Rule 310 review and updates; on policies and interpretation
- Compliance methods, for field application (Dust Handbook)
- Dust control permit and dust control plan implementation
- Disturbed soil stabilization procedures an techniques
- Dust control methods on construction sites
Vegetation and Mulch
Barriers and Fencing
- Dust control training information
- Vegetative growth for stabilization
- Mini-benching and deep tillage methods
- Future of polymers for dust control
Maintaining our Regional PM 10 Attainment Status – What will the challenges be moving forward?
- Transportation conformity what it means for DOT – Beverly Chenausky
- Construction Practices/Growth – Stan Raskow, Lou Snow
- Products/Technology – new products and technology – Lou Snow
- Regulatory – County – Phil Neely
- Association of Government – Lindy Bauer
Credit 7 PDH’s
Audience: construction supervisors/workers, state and county supervisors, subcontractors, erosion and sediment control specialists, stormwater and erosion control specialists, principals, senior management, project/environmental/civil engineers, and compliance personnel.
Exhibitors: Dust Control and Soil Stabilization product vendors.
Meet training requirements – Earn professional development hours for certification renewal – Networking and learning alongside other industry professionals
When received on or before January 23 – Includes Certificate of Attendance, lunch, presentations, exhibit area, and handouts if applicable.
- $65 – Members (must provide IECA membership number)
- $85 – Government Agency Staff (must provide an Agency email address)
- $125 – Non-Members
When received between January 24 and January 31 – Includes Certificate of Attendance, lunch, presentations, exhibit area, and handouts if applicable.
- $90 – Members (must provide IECA membership number)
- $110 – Government Agency Staff (must provide an Agency email address)
- $150 – Non-Members
No Registration at the Door – Online registration before the day of the event only!
$300/Member – $450.00/Non-Member (4 available)
Includes: 10 minute presentation, one (1) complimentary Registration, Logo on marketing material and Vendor Display Area in Exhibitor Room
$200/Member – $300.00/Non-Member (5 available)
Includes: One (1) complimentary Registration, Logo on marketing material and Vendor Display Area in Exhibitor Room
$100/Member – $200/Non-Member (2 available)
Includes: One (1) complimentary registration, logo on marketing material and recognition on table